Included with the VJ-628
** DO NOT INSTALL INK UNTIL INSTRUCTED BY THE SOFTWARE **
- Check the area before installation for space and hazards.
- Confirm that the Start-Up kit contains the items listed above.
- Attach the take-up reel if present and place printer on stand (Both are optional)
- Remove the print head bracket. (This keeps the print head from moving during transit.)
- Ensure that all packaging and tape has been removed from the printer. There is also a small foam block on the carriage rail that needs to be removed.
- Connect the Ethernet cable to the printer and the router/computer. (Do not use a Cross Cable to connect the VJ628 to the router/computer)
- Set the correct voltage using the selector at the rear of the printer. This will vary depending on your location.
- Plug in and power on the printer.
Note: A detailed printer startup guide is included in the printer box.
- Download and install SPM from https://www.sawgrassink.com/software
- Once SPM is installed, start the driver installation process
- The Mutoh Startup Wizard will now load.
- Setup the printer using the steps above and connect it to your network.
- Search for the printer and assign it an IP Address. (Note: The default IP Address is set to 192.168.1.253)
- Install the Mutoh printer driver
- Install VSM and perform the initial ink charge.
- Load paper and perform nozzle check and alignments