Thank you for your printer purchase! Johnson Plastics Plus is excited to help you get started and running with your new sublimation printer. In order to make the install process as smooth and efficient as possible, please review this pre-install checklist PRIOR TO your scheduled install date and time.
This guide will help you understand the items to have prepared before your installation as well as preview what the training will consist of.
If you have any questions, please reach out to the Advanced Support Team by calling 419-500-4877 or email at email@example.com..
- Memory (RAM): 4GB Required, 8GB or greater recommended
- Processor (CPU): Dual Core CPU, Quad Core or greater recommended
**64-bit processor is required. Intel or AMD processor required. ARM processors not yet supported.
- Available Hard Drive Space: 10GB or greater free
- Screen Resolution: 1024x768 pixels at 100% zoom or greater
- Internet Connection: Required to register software and for use of CreativeStudio
Supported Operating Systems
- Windows 8.1 (Pro or Enterprise) & Windows 10 (Pro or Enterprise)
- MacOS 10.13, 10.14, 10.15 & 11.x
Note: Print Manager v10.0.0 or later is compatible with Apple M1 computers.
Supported Design Software for File-to-Print Workflow
- CreativeStudio Online Designer
- CorelDRAW X6 - present
- Adobe Illustrator CS6 or later
- Adobe Photoshop CS6 or later
- Photoshop Elements 15 or later
Before your Install
- Ensure that you have the correct set of ink cartridges.
- The Sawgrass printers will come with a set of SubliJet UHD ink cartridges. If you intend to use another type if ink with your printer, such as Chromablast or EasySubli inks, ensure that these inks are on hand prior to the scheduled install.
- Have your sublimation paper of choice on hand.
- Make sure the computer is compatible with the printer system. Refer to the above system Requirements.
- Computer products such as Chromebooks are not compatible with the Sawgrass printing system.
- Remove your printer from the box it shipped in and inspect the entire printer and any accessories and components included to verify that it arrived undamaged.
- Set up your printer in the space in which you intend to operate the printer. Remove all of the packing tape from the printer.
- For wireless connection type, be sure to have the following data ready:
- Wifi network name
- Wifi network password
- For wired connection type, be sure to have the following ready:
- USB cable (A-B cable)- 6’ length recommended
- CAT-6 Ethernet cable- minimum 6’ length recommended
- If a laptop will be used with the sublimation printer, make sure that the laptop power cord can be plugged in for the duration of the install.
- Log on to sawgrassink.com and create a Sawgrass Account.
- Check email Inbox to verify the account creation.
- Optional: Power on the printer and install the ink cartridges. (This can also be completed during the printer install.)
Tasks and Info to be covered during the Install
- Setup of the printer, powering on the printer, ink cartridge installation and ink charge.
- Connecting the printer to the computer.
- Wired connection
- Have cables ready for install, but do not connect printer until asked to by the technician.
- Wireless connection setup
- Have Wifi network name and password ready.
- Wired connection
- Optional: Mac users only- Install TeamViewer, in computer settings, allow full screen sharing access in the Security and Accessibility settings of the computer.
- Installation of the Print Manager and Creative Studio software.
- Review of Print Manager settings.
- Optional: Review of Creative Studio settings.
- Basic printer operation and maintenance.
- How to print a job from your design software.
- How to perform maintenance from the Print Manager software.
- Introduction to JPP Tech Tips and Knowledgebase.
- Tips and Tricks for creating designs and layouts for printing on sublimation products.
- Color Management Tips and Tricks for graphics when working with the Sawgrass system.
- Tips and Tricks relating to layout/design software.
- Tips and Techniques for sublimating onto products.
- Helpful accessories for sublimation.
- Tips and Tricks for sublimating with a heat press, mug press, or convection oven.
- Utilizing product templates for artwork/layout creation.
- Any other sublimation or printing related questions and topics requested from the customer.