Banding or a bad nozzle check can be caused by a number of different issues but for the most part the troubleshooting is the same.
We recommend following thee steps in order until the issue is resolved. If these do not resolve the issue please reach out for further support. Before performing any of these steps please make sure you have sufficient ink and the ink is not expired.
1. The first step is to perform a head cleaning. If you are unsure how to do a head cleaning please refer to this link. You may need to perform a few head cleanings if you continue to see improvement in your nozzle checks following this step before moving to the next step.
2. If head cleanings do not resolve the issue we recommend cleaning the capping station. Instructions on how to do that can be found in this link.
3. If cleaning the capping station does not solve the issue the next step is to try a manual ink charge. this step requires that you have over 25% ink remaining in all cartridges. you can find the instruction on how to do the ink charge in this link.
To prevent the loss of nozzles and banding in the future please be sure to
- keep the printer on at all time
- keep up to date ink in the printer
- run nozzle checks on a regular basis and perform head cleanings as necessary
- Keep the printer in a controlled environment